Are you confused or frustrated by your skin? Breaking out but don’t know why? No matter what you do, nothing seems to help.
The fact is crunchy skin isn't clean skin. You know that crunchy feeling that you get after you've washed your face?... that most of us associate with clean skin. That's not clean skin that's actually damaged skin. That crunchy feeling is actually an indication that you've damaged the barrier function on the surface of your skin.
Micro-fissures or small tears have been created in the barrier function, probably by the product that you've just used. Water and a little bit of cleanser has been able to penetrate to the skin below through these micro-fissures or small tears and is now causing minor irritation to the unprotected skin cells beneath.
The slightly tight feeling that you also experience alongside the crunchiness of "clean" skin is a little bit of swelling that is caused by this irritation, and if the skin barrier is damaged, this means that other irritants can also access the unprotected skin cells. This can lead to other issues such as sensitivity, dryness, acne, and eczema.
This is why it's so important to choose products, especially cleansers, which protect your skin barrier and help maintain its integrity. This is why we love Oil Cleansers.
OUR OIL CLEANSER:
- Removes dirt, makeup and toxins gently
- Promotes calming of inflammation and healing of skin conditions.
- Doesn’t strip the skin of it’s natural protective barrier.
- Allows skin to rebalance, naturally
WHY OIL CLEANSE?
- Gentle on skin
- Reduces pore size
- Better for skin health than soap, foam or gel
- Effective in removing dirt, makeup and loosening blackheads
- Heals acne, oily skin, dry skin, blackheads, eczema and other skin conditions
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Oil attracts oil, it draws out the excess oil in your skin without damaging the skin, the way a harsh soap does
- Skin is left clean, without the crunchy, dry feeling you get with a soap
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
- Symptoms will start to improve almost immediately.
- It can take up to three months for the skin’s health to properly return.
- Skin will heal completely and the acne, eczema, oily skin, blackheads or dry skin will never return in the same way.
So if you notice that your skin is crunchy, tight, or dry, the next time you cleanse it, think about other issues that you're experiencing with your skin. This could likely be causing the dryness that you're noticing or the acne you're experiencing and consider switching to an oil cleanser.