LOVESKIN'S range is based around plant oils, but why? We share why we believe in the superior functionality and efficacy of natural and organic plant oils.
OILS ARE SUPERIOR AND ACTIVE
Majority of creams on the market, are composed of 90% wax and water. They usually contain a lengthy list of ingredients that most humans cannot pronounce let alone comprehend. The remaining 10% of the product is composed of oil - the active and beneficial ingredient(s) in the product.
Our LOVESKIN products are composed of only blended botanical oils and are therefore active and nutrient dense. No fillers or nasties.
OILS ARE BIOAVAILABLE
Because oils are very close in their chemical composition to the skin’s natural sebum, our skin responds well to the application of oils. They are what it knows, and therefore the skins internal mechanisms can distribute the moisture and nutrients we apply, to the areas that need it most.
OILS ARE THE BEST SOURCE OF MOISTURE FOR THE SKIN
The key to a youthful glow is keeping the skin hydrated. Often fine lines are formed because the skin dries out. As we have already detailed, because most standard creams and beauty products contain only a very small percentage of oil, they don't hydrate our skin enough. Oils are lipoholic. This means they love fats, and therefore they pass through and are absorbed by the lipid or fat layer of the skin faster, preventing water loss and plumping the skin with the moisture it needs leaving it with a fresh, dewy glow.
OILS ARE PACKED WITH RICH ANTIOXIDANTS
Many of the oils contained in our LOVESKIN products are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the skin by limiting the production of free radicals which can cause severe damage to skin cells. Free radicals are healthy cells which deteriorate as a result of molecular instability, also known as oxidation. This instability is brought about by the introduction of stress, illness, environmental toxins and insufficient dietary nutrients. In an effort to regain stability the free radicals seek out and steal electrons from stable cells, leaving that cell seriously damaged. This results in the appearance of wrinkles and the breakdown of the skin's collagen.
OILS ARE GENTLE AND SOOTHING
Oils aid in the prevention of irritation and inflammation. One of our favourite ingredients is Borage Seed oil, a powerful antioxidant known for its soothing, repairing and anti-inflammatory properties.